PCRepairMom Reviews Technology

I’ve been inspired to document all the things that I've encountered that work for me, my family, and friends. Specifically on things that work really well to make life a little easier, safer, or healthier for busy people; putting technology to work so that we can focus on what is important. I’m a woman, wife, student, employee, adventurer, but most precious I'm a mommy to 8 yo M, 7 yo KJ, and 2 yo C. I work on computers, train in software, and play with all the gadgets hubby brings home.

18 May, 2009

Audi Driving Experience

Yesterday I had the pleasure of driving the Audi Q5 at Hollywood Park in Inglewood, CA. It was quite an eye opening experience. I knew the crossover was based on the platform of the A6, but I didn't think that meant much, it is still a SUV. I learned something new. This Q5 had the pick-up of a car - quickly took off from a full stop thanks to the 3.2L V6 ; handled like a car around the sharp corners - thanks to the Quattro; neat gadgets on the inside. Impressed.
We connected my iPhone and right away there were my songs. There is a built-in 40gb hard drive - 10 for music and 30 for the navigation system. The navigation system itself is powered by an Nvidia chip, awesome graphics. Not sure about the turn dial, but I guess its something you get used to.
The voice controlled navigation system was indeed an improvement from my TomTom and some of the other units I've used. The graphics allow you to go from street view to aerial view all in 3D...fabulous.
Something I found fantastic was the fact that there is a built-in air compressor and a deflated full-size spare. As a mommy, flat tires are a disaster on the stroller, bikes or car! This is so handy.
Gas mileage was not great, as to be expected with any SUV, but it was terribly bad either. I think they said it was 18 and 26? I would love to test out a diesel version in comparison to see the difference.
All in all it was exhilarating driving on a closed course and performing stop on a dime maneuvers and peeling out at the direction of an instructor. I would be thrilled at another opportunity to do this again.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home