PCRepairMom Reviews Technology

I’ve been inspired to document all the things that I've encountered that work for me, my family, and friends. Specifically on things that work really well to make life a little easier, safer, or healthier for busy people; putting technology to work so that we can focus on what is important. I’m a woman, wife, student, employee, adventurer, but most precious I'm a mommy to 8 yo M, 7 yo KJ, and 2 yo C. I work on computers, train in software, and play with all the gadgets hubby brings home.

13 May, 2009

Not In Love With iPhone . . . yet!

Yesterday I found out one more thing that take away the love I have for my iPhone and makes me miss my Palm - the inability to see To-Do items from iCal. It started with the inability to create notes on my computer and sync it with the iPhone and be able to edit in either place. Then it was all the backspacing I had to do while adjusting to buttonlessness. Grrr.

Don't get me wrong, I love the seamless workings of the iPhone from my MacBook, the ease at which it is to use, and the ability to listen to everything from iTunes. The bluetooth link to my Acura TL that has been fantastic and has not yet failed me like my other cell phones. Web browsing is nice and is now something that I have become accustomed to and expect in future devices. Um...the camera, I don't really like it, but that might be because I have a superb digital SLR that I love love love. Battery life is nice. I don't like the uneditable locking feature - if you enable the passcode lock, after the sliding the bar, there is an Emergency Call button in the bottom left corner. I can't tell you how many times my kids have come soooo close to calling 911 when they get a hold of my phone. I'd like the option to take that button away or turn it off.

Accessories - are too countless to name, but here are ones that I have used myself and like.
From everythingicafe.com the Mobi Products Protector Case has made watching videos on my iPhone with my kids easier. The flip cover prevents the kids from thumbing into another application while watching something on the iPhone and because its hard plastic, its really easy to clean off with a wipe. The detachable belt clip is pretty much useless, I find that the iPhone comes off with the slightest bit of counter pressure. But since I rarely wear a belt, I'm not too broken up about it. The best part, it was only $4.95!
Also from everythingicafe.com the Mobi Products Skin Case in future blue. I like this type of case because you can put it on the dashboard of the car or the arm of the couch and it wont slip off. I also think this case provides a little more cush if it were to hit the ground. It too was only $4.95!
Monster Mobile Car Charge-it Plus with the interchangeable itips. I have an itip for the iPhone and one for my beloved Palm Tungsten. This cable system charges my phone fast and lets me know it with the indicator light - goes from orange to green when done. I really like that I don't have to clutter my car with several cables for different devices, just the tips. I got a sweet deal on this when one of the office supply/computer stores closed its doors.

More to come...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home