PCRepairMom Reviews Technology

I’ve been inspired to document all the things that I've encountered that work for me, my family, and friends. Specifically on things that work really well to make life a little easier, safer, or healthier for busy people; putting technology to work so that we can focus on what is important. I’m a woman, wife, student, employee, adventurer, but most precious I'm a mommy to 8 yo M, 7 yo KJ, and 2 yo C. I work on computers, train in software, and play with all the gadgets hubby brings home.

13 May, 2009

Bike rides with toddlers

I love the iBert bike seat that allows toddlers to sit on the front of bikes. Its so fun for them to see the world in a front seat position and hilarious to see the double takes we get from onlookers. It doesn't take long to adjust your riding position in order to comfortably and stably ride with your little one on the front, but it does take some skill to get on your bike and then place your little one in the seat, especially if your little one is heavier than, oh say 20 pounds.
Since bike rides tend to last longer than 30 minutes in our house, the kids have fallen asleep in their seat many times, leaving mommy to engineer some sort of way for them to sleep without injury. One way I've found is to wrap a towel or lightweight blanket around the front bar so than when their head slumps forward, they have something cushy to rest on. However when heads goes sideways, its usually just my arm they will rest on. I would live to see a cushy kidproof foam added to the front bar.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home